Monday, June 15, 2009

Controlling emotions

Right from the day he entered the international cricket, I never liked Dhoni, the cricketer – primarily due to his below par wicket keeping and lately due to the hype and his attempts to hog limelight ignoring the likes of Sachin and Dravid.

Whoever reads this may have a first thought to kill/bash me or rate me a cynic or fool or something else, but I openly supported WI and England in the last two matches and the moment India lost, I was celebrating causing irritation to my roomie and my neighbors.

However, I have to salute the way Dhoni handled the post-match conversation – controlling emotions and speaking with a smile. I like Dhoni the person, as seen on TV during matches and interviews - there are some qualities I would like to learn from him, the above scenario being the one – "Talking without showing any trace of actual state of mind in face or tone".

Kudos to Dhoni.

If interested, please visit my previous posts on emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment